Friday, September 12, 2008

Sexy Cupcakes for Annie's Birthday

Better than Sex cupcakes? Well, that's what these cute little cakes have been coined. Nonetheless, I found this simple recipe on my favorite cupcake blog, I heart cuppy cakes and knew it was perfect for Jim's co-worker and our blog stalker, Annie's birthday. If I could pick any individual to be my biggest fan besides Jim, Annie would be that person. I bake cupcakes so I can hear what Annie thinks, which is funny because Annie and I have never met. We have conversed on the phone about her upcoming wedding and she watches out for me when the girls on theknot.com are paging me. I was so overjoyed to find out from Jim on Wednesday night that her birthday was Thursday, but knew that I couldn't make them for her actual day, so last night at 12:30 a.m., I stopped by the grocery store on my way home from work and starting whipping up these luscious cakes for my biggest fan. I really hope that she enjoys these, and if not I know what to change next time. Happy Birthday Annie!!!
Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
  • 1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
  • 3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped (I used Heath toffee bits)
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (I made homemade, recipe below)

Directions

  1. Bake cake according to package directions for 24 cupcakes. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
  2. In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly spoon the warm topping mixture over the top of each cupcake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm.
  3. Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with swirls of caramel topping.

Homemade Whipped Cream

Ingredients

  • 3 cups whipping cream
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 tbsp granulated sugar

Directions

  1. In mixer with whisk attachment, whip the cream, vanilla extract and sugar on high speed until thick

Step Two: They look so yummy just like this!

With chocolate candy melts, melt them in a microwave safe bowl for thirty second intervals until completely smooth and then place melted chocolate in a Ziploc bag. Squeeze out all the air and then cut a small corner. On a piece of parchment paper write out your message and then place in the freezer to solidify the chocolate. Decorate as you wish.


And voila! You've got some pretty damn sexy cupcakes. Enjoy!






No comments: