Friday, September 12, 2008

Orangesicle Cuppy Cakes w/ Fluff Frosting

I saw this recipe back in March on 52 Cupcakesblog. Right away I thought of my childhood and how much my Mom would love these cupcakes. When I couldn't find the Orange Supreme cake mix my Mom went into pursuit to find it for me, which low and behold the State Bros. in Lake Arrowhead carries it unlike Albertson's. I had originally wanted to make these for my Mom back in April for her birthday and have never gotten around to it. Well, my parents have been at my house for five days now and last night I decided to whip these up after dinner. I have to admit they were really easy and it didn't involve a lot of ingredients. The only thing that I didn't like about these cupcakes was that the frosting recipe called for regular granulated sugar, maybe I didn't do something right within the recipe but the frosting was really gritty. I may have to play around with this one. The frosting was so sticky and sweet which paired so nicely with the extra moist cake. Next time I think adding mini chocolate chips would make a great compliment.
For the Cupcakes:
  • 1 box Duncan Hines Orange Supreme Cake
  • Mix1 box Jello Vanilla Pudding (not instant)
  1. Follow directions on box and add in the box of vanilla pudding
  2. Follow rest of box instructions.

For the Frosting:

  • Fluff 7-Minute Frosting
  • 1 c. Marshmallow Fluff
  • 2 egg whites, at room temperature
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 c. water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  1. In double-boiler top over hot, not boiling water, combine all ingredients except vanilla. With hand mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Remove from heat and continue beating until stiff. Beat in vanilla. Makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes.
    Recipe Courtesy of:

No comments: