Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tropical Love at the Kona Kai

 Today I had the pleasure of being the wedding baker for newlyweds, Matt and Courtney. They tied the knot at a local Point Loma church and had their reception at the Kona Kai Resort and Hotel on Shelter Island. I had so much fun preparing for this event and enjoyed the process all day today. I kept thanking the cake Gods for blessing me for making today a breeze. When I got to the resort I quickly found the Point Loma room and got started setting up. I met the florist, who by the way was fabulous as you can tell just by what she did on my tower and the surrounding area. I love a great florist! Once we had everything setup I was in awe of my presentation and quickly realized that I want to start advertising a little more to keep the orders coming on in! To Matt and Courtney, I know you weren't in love with the idea of even having cake at your wedding, I just hope you and your guests enjoyed your cupcakes as much as I did baking them. Thank you for choosing me! Have fun on your honeymoon lovebirds!


 





I set out six frames to identify each of the six flavors: Vanilla Bean Cake w/ Vanilla Bean Buttercream, Fresh Strawberry Cake w/ Almond Buttercream, Devils Food w/ Dark Chocolate Buttercream, Red Velvet w/ Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese, Vanilla Bean Cake w/ Dark Chocolate Buttercream and Devils Food w/ Bailey's Buttercream. Is your mouth watering? 



I made these cupcake picks, it's my new obsession. 


Floral Pieces done by : Botanic Allure




2 comments:

Janelle said...

I like how you displayed the flavors! This came out great, Melissa!

Matthias said...

As usual a stunning display and I’m sure they tasted even better! I can’t wait to see what you do for my Tailgate order. Wink wink.