Sunday, March 7, 2010

Like the flower and the bee, great friends are we!


(Photo Courtesy of Grin and Share It Photo)

Lately, I have been posting about ladies I met while planning our 2007 wedding. During our planning months (or 1+ years in my case) I met such amazing women and we have remained friends, some of which I consider my closest friends. Our group is one-of-a-kind, we can share anything and I trust them with the details of my life. The greatest joy about our group is that we shared special moments when we were tying the knot, but something more amazing occurred in 2009. During the past year most of us either conceived or gave birth to a child, some only weeks a part. Our little loves are going to grow up in such a great circle of friends, which I only hope will continue for our lifetime.

Alanna the next mommy-to-be is due in May, we celebrated her bundle of joy this Saturday as we showered her with love, good food, amazing conversations and of course gifts! I baked my red velvet cupcakes with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting and added fondant flowers to go with Rachel's flower theme. I had such a great time and I cannot wait to meet little baby Peters.

I love these ladies and I am so thankful to have them in my life.

(Photo Courtesy of Grin and Share It Photo)
The glowing mommy-to-be!



"A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world."
Leo Buscaglia

3 comments:

CB said...

Omg. I had no idea you were the same Melissa (Peyton's mom right?) from Alanna's shower. I just read Alanna's blog and found out. I feel like I know you from your cupcake blog but I didn't put 2+2 together. Why didn't you tell me at the shower?? haha.

Unknown said...

Clara, I was so nervous! ha ha. You are like a cupcake icon. Right when you walked in I was like, "omg, omg, omg" that's CB!

I called my hubby right away and told him. He thought I was silly for not coming clean. That's why I threw in the fondarific thing, thinking that you would catch on, but I was really nervous.

I am a dork.

CB said...

You ARE a dork! Thanks for fonderific tip! Obviously I'm not very good at math. 2+2. Get it? haha. I think I was overwhelmed with all the babies. :) Now I feel so gypped. We could have been talking cupcake shop at the shower! Let's not make the same mistake at the next GTG mkay? xo, CB