Thursday, January 8, 2009

Milk Chocolate Scotchies


Now that the holiday season has passed I am trying to use ingredients that did not get utilized during any of my holiday baking. Today I decided to use milk chocolate and butterscotch chips. I have never combined the two, and I now am eagerly waiting for them to come out of the oven for a taste. The recipe calls for pecans, and I really wanted to add them but once I pulled everything out I realized I have every nut under the sun except pecans. I am sure they will be scrumptious no matter what!



Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup butter, room temperature

  • 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed

  • 2 large eggs

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • 1 cup chopped pecans, optional

  • 1 cup butterscotch chips

  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preparation



  1. Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

  2. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.

  3. Stir flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Fold in pecans, butterscotch chips, and chocolate chips.

  4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly.

  5. Bake at 350° for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool in pan for a minute then move to rack to cool completely.

Makes about 3 dozen butterscotch chocolate chip cookies




No comments: